Information Regarding the “Igniting the Flame” Course:
The following information relative to the “Igniting the Flame” (ItF) course may be helpful in making your decision to enroll:
Enrollment: Fees and Pertinent Information …
- All tuition fees will flow into a specific fund to be used for ItF scholarships and ItF retreats.
- The course builds on readings from the course set book: “New Celtic Monasticism.” It is highly recommended that applicants read this book prior to the start of the course.
- The ItF Course is open to all interested individuals, whether or not they are vowed members of CA&H. In addition, it is NOT a prerequisite for any vowed level of CA&H.
Curriculum Information …
- The course start date is January 1, 2020 and will run for approximately one year.
- The course material will be emailed to each student by unit. There are a total of ten units. Each unit takes approximately two to three weeks to complete.
- There are four assignments which need to be submitted to your Tutor on set dates. As detailed in the course material, each assignment may take the form of music, craft or art work, in addition to a written response.
- Prior to the beginning of the course, a Tutor will be selected for each student. The Tutor is not there to “grade” or critique – but rather to receive your assignments, give you feedback, and suggest avenues to explore.
- If for any reason the relationship between Student/Tutor or Student/Mentor is not compatible, contact the Course Coordinator as soon as possible and we will do our best to pair you with someone with whom you can more easily relate.
- Community Zoom Account information will be provided for Student-to-Student Group meetings where Students will have the opportunity to interact with each other and discuss course material, especially when assignments are due.
- All assignments will be submitted by email, unless other arrangements are made with your Tutor. Tutors will also have the opportunity of Zooming directly with their Students.
- There will be occasional gatherings that bring the entire community of Students and Tutors together as we get to know each other as family.
For further information, contact the Course Coordinator: Cheryl May at
Registration Form for 1 year course beginning January 2020
State: ___________________ Zip Code: ___________________
Please circle as appropriate:
- I am/I am not a member of the Community of Aidan and Hilda.
- I have/ I do not have a Soul Friend (Spiritual Companion) willing to accompany me through this course. A Spiritual Director can be an equivalent. If you do not, we will assist you by connecting you to a Mentor within the Community.
- I need/do not need scholarship assistance.
- I have/do not have a copy of ‘New Celtic Monasticism’ by Ray Simpson – the course book.
The cost of the course is $50. You may purchase copies of the book from the Community for $33. You may pay through Paypal by sending to email@example.com. Bill Jolitz will confirm your payment.
Please scan & return this form by email to Cheryl May, firstname.lastname@example.org
The information is ONLY shared with the members of the US ItF Tutor Group. These are Cynthia Helton, Leanne Johnson, Tom Johnson, and Cheryl May.